The Passion of the Christ: Passion or Parody?
Let’s take a close look to find the truth behind Mel Gibson’s movie, “The Passion of the Christ.”
Mel describes himself as a “traditional Roman Catholic.” A protestant asked Mel if he (the protestant) could be saved. Mel answered: “There is no salvation for those outside the [Catholic] Church,” he said. “I believe it.” (9/15/03)
This assumes Catholics are saved. The Bible says:
- “Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them…” Exodus 20:4-5
So, the Catholics break this commandment with their statues of Mary and by praying to her, etc. This is idolatry:
- “But… idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.” Revelation 21:8
Mel Gibson says Mary is “a tremendous co-redemptrix and mediatrix.” God says:
- “For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;” 1 Timothy 2:5
So Mary is not a “mediatrix.” She can’t answer prayers or save anyone. Sinners need a savior. Mary herself admitted she was a sinner when she called God her savior:
- “And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Savior.” Luke 1:47
- “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;” Romans 3:23
This includes Mary.
Mel Gibson calls Mary the “morning star.” God says:
- “I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.” Revelation 22:16
So Mel is substituting Mary for Jesus. This is idolatry, and a lie.
Catholics say many “hail Marys.” God says:
- “But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.” Matthew 6:7
So, God considers the Catholics heathen.
Is there a purgatory? No:
- “And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:” Hebrews 9:27
So, Mel’s beliefs and Catholic doctrine are false. God’s advice to such is:
- “… Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.” Revelation 18:4
After much public pressure Mel Gibson “changed” his beliefs and said: “It is possible for people who are not even Christian to get into the Kingdom of Heaven.” (2/16/04)
Mel’s wrong again:
- “… the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth… there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.” Acts 4:10-12
So, Mel and Catholics don’t keep God’s commandments, but break them daily.
- “He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.” 1 John 2:4
Liars go to the “second death”:
- “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.” Revelation 21:8
Mel makes some claims about his movie. He says it was “directed by the Holy Ghost,” and, “I wanted to be true to the Gospels…”
If that’s the case, then the dialogue and story would have to be straight from the King James Version Bible (KJV).
A brief review of some facts prove this false:
- Mel added to the gospels material from Anne Emmerlich, an 18th century nun. Gibson described her published material: “Amazing images,” Gibson said. “She supplied me with stuff I never would have thought of.” So Mel is adding to the Gospels. One such image in the movie is a scene where Mary gets down on her knees to mop up Jesus’ blood. This is not in the Bible.
- Mel adds the Catholic “stations of the cross.” This is not in the Bible.
- William Fulco, the Jesuit scholar who translated the “Passion,” admits to “stitching together a language,” and said, “I put in playful things which nobody will know.”
- Mel took out the scripture, “… His blood be on us, and on our children.” (Matthew 27:25)
- Mel admits, “the film is so Marian,” and makes Mary very prominent throughout. This is Catholic and contrary to scripture.
So, the Holy Ghost did not direct this movie, because God cannot lie. This movie is not true to the gospels, but presents a false gospel:
- “But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.” Galatians 1:8
So, Mel and his movie are accursed.
To Watch The Passion or Not
The movie is a lie, a false Christ, a false doctrine, idolatry, and it’s accursed.
- “… flee from idolatry.” 1 Corinthians 10:14
- “And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.” Ephesians 5:11
- “… evil communications corrupt good manners.” 1 Corinthians 15:33
- “For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.” Matthew 24:24
- “… the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.” John 6:63
These words are in the Bible (KJV).
False Bibles are false Christs, as in “The Passion,” and have different words than Jesus. So Mel’s movie has the spirit of antichrist and death. If you view and receive this movie, this antichrist spirit and death will enter into you.
- “If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.” 1 Corinthians 3:17
Don’t watch this movie.
How to get to Heaven: Click here!