When you are dealing with curses (the opposite of blessings), you are dealing with spiritual warfare over a physical distance. Spiritual deals with spirits. So, who does the cursing?
God curses, and also wicked people (disciples of Satan) send curses. In the case of God, it is His Spirit that does the cursing. With the wicked people it is devils (evil spirits) that are sent to harm their intended victim. Christians are told by God not to curse, but are able to defend themselves by sending the already initiated curses back to the wicked people that sent them. Consider the following:
Some evidence that God does curse:
- “The curse of the Lord is in the house of the wicked: but he blesseth the habitation of the just.” Proverbs 3:33
- “And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.” Genesis 12:3
Some evidence that people (non-Christians) curse:
- “The wicked, through the pride of his countenance, will not seek after God: God is not in all his thoughts.
His ways are always grievous; thy judgments are far above out of his sight: as for all his enemies, he puffeth at them.
He hath said in his heart, I shall not be moved: for I shall never be in adversity.
His mouth is full of cursing and deceit and fraud: under his tongue is mischief and vanity.” Psalm 10:4-7
- “They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:
Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:” Romans 3:12-14
To illuminate a bit more regarding the wicked and how they curse:
- “A violent man enticeth his neighbour, and leadeth him into the way that is not good.
He shutteth his eyes to devise froward things: moving his lips he bringeth evil to pass.” Proverbs 16:29-30
- “Hide me from the secret counsel of the wicked; from the insurrection of the workers of iniquity:
Who whet their tongue like a sword, and bend their bows to shoot their arrows, even bitter words:
That they may shoot in secret at the perfect: suddenly do they shoot at him, and fear not.” Psalm 64:2-4
- “Their tongue is as an arrow shot out; it speaketh deceit: one speaketh peaceably to his neighbour with his mouth, but in heart he layeth his wait” Jeremiah 9:8
So, consider from the last three scriptures: “moving his lips he bringeth evil to pass.”, and “shoot their arrows, even bitter words”, and “Their tongue is as an arrow shot out”, and "shoot in secret at the perfect”.
So, this is a curse from the wicked.
One way to look at it, is that the wicked people “command” evil spirits (devils) to do their evil bidding. Since they do it in secret and from a distance (it can be many miles) the victim can’t actually hear them speak, so the devils deliver the message and try to accomplish the evil deed. If the victim is not a Christian, they may fall victim to the curse. God may stop this curse if it suits his purpose.
With a Christian, God says He will “curse him that curseth thee” (from Genesis 12:3) and “But God shall shoot at them with an arrow; suddenly shall they be wounded.” (Psalm 64:7)
What is God’s arrow? His Word. And the Word is Jesus. Consider Jesus describing Himself:
- “And he hath made my mouth like a sharp sword; in the shadow of his hand hath he hid me, and made me a polished shaft; in his quiver hath he hid me;” Isaiah 49:2
So God, steps in and helps the Christian. What is the fate (the judgement) of the wicked people (including witches and wizards) who do the cursing? Ponder the following:
- “The wicked have drawn out the sword, and have bent their bow, to cast down the poor and needy, and to slay such as be of upright conversation.
Their sword shall enter into their own heart, and their bows shall be broken.” Psalm 37:14-15
- “His mischief shall return upon his own head, and his violent dealing shall come down upon his own pate.” Psalm 7:16
So, “Their sword shall enter into their own heart” and “His mischief shall return upon his own head” and “his violent dealing shall come down upon his own pate”
What is the part of the Christian? Here is what God commands the Christian to do regarding these curses, these attacks:
- “And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.
Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.
How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.” Revelation 18:4-7
- “Let the saints be joyful in glory: let them sing aloud upon their beds.
Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a two-edged sword in their hand;
To execute vengeance upon the heathen, and punishments upon the people;
To bind their kings with chains, and their nobles with fetters of iron;
To execute upon them the judgment written: this honour have all his saints. Praise ye the Lord.” Psalm 149:5-9
So, the Christian is commanded to “double unto her double according to her works” and “in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.” and “To execute upon them the judgment written:”
Therefore, the curses that were sent, God instructs the Christians to send them back double.
How to do this? First of all, do it in the name of Jesus, as
- “Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;” Philippians 2:8-10
Since a command was given to the devil to go and do the evil bidding (a curse), the command needs to broken and a new command given.
- “I break you curses and send you back double in Jesus’ name”
- “In Jesus name, I null, void and break you curses and send you back double into the hearts of those that sent you”
- “All you curses of pain, in Jesus name, I void you and send you back double into the hearts of those that sent you”
- “All you curses, I null you and void you in Jesus’ name. All you devils that have been sent, I bind you and rebuke you and send you back into the hearts of those who sent you and command you to give them their cups unto them double, all in the name of Jesus”
- “All you curses of heart attack/ pain/ flu/accident/anger/depression/breaking/ sickness/strife/etc, I break you and send you back double in Jesus name.”
Please understand that the above is not at all complete or comprehensive. It should help you get started, though. Pray to God and ask Him to show you and guide you.