Who is the Church?
The true Church consists of the true Christians.
— Who is a true Christian?
A Christian is a follower, a disciple, of Christ. How does Jesus define His disciples?:
- “Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” John 8:31-32
So, one must believe and continue in “my word”. The word is the Bible (KJV). Continue, that is, continuously. Also daily: Daily Bread, as in the Lord’s prayer:
- “Give us this day our daily bread” Matthew 6:11.
Then we “shall know the truth”. Jesus is the Truth:
- “Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.” John 14:6
We also need the entire Bible:
- “And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.” Luke 4:4
We also need to do what the Word says:
- “But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.” James 1:22
A true Christian will have the Spirit of God:
- “But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.” Romans 8:9
- “And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.” Acts 5:32
Note that one must “obey” God, that is keep His commandments.
— So, what is the true Church?
It is comprised of all its’ members, that is the true Christians:
- “Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.” 1 Corinthians 12:27
- “So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.” Romans 12:5
- “For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.” 1 Corinthians 12:12
The body is the church, of whom Christ is the head:
- “And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.” Colossians 1:18
Also, the house of God is the church:
- “But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.” 1 Timothy 3:15
So again, the church is comprised of all the true Christians which is the body, the house of God.
- “Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.” Ephesians 2:19-22
So, as the true Christians have God’s Spirit and must keep his commandments, so must the true Christians do in the true church.
— Some things to look for when evaluating a church that claims to be Christian:
a) They must use only the KJV:
- “I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.” Galatians 1:6-9
- You sure don’t want to be in a church where the pastor is accursed.
b) They must (among other things) cast out devils, and speak in tongues:
- “And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.” Mark 16:15-18
In examining this scripture, these signs (cast out devils and such) SHALL follow them that believe. Not maybe, or sometimes, or only in the first century and etc. They SHALL follow them. If a church doesn’t have these signs following, then they don’t believe and “shall be damned”.
You sure don’t want to be in a church that is damned.
c) You can’t fellowship with, or be in a church that allows fornicators, or covetous, or idolators, or railers, or drunkards, or extortioners:
- “I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators:
Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world.
But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolator, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.” 1 Corinthians 5:9-11
When you are in the world, in daily activities, jobs and such, you’re going to have to be around these types of sinners. But if someone is called a brother (that is a fellow Christian) and does these sinful things, you can’t keep company with him (no fellowship) or eat with him (that is eat the body of Christ and drink the blood of Christ).
So, if a church allows these people (fornicators, or covetous, or idolators, or railers, or drunkards, or extortioners) you can’t be in that church. It is interesting to note that false bibles are false Christs and therefore idols to those who use them. So, a church which allows false bibles (non KJV) allows idolators.
Another scripture to emphasize this:
“And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.
And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.” 2 Corinthians 6:16-18
Please note that fellowshipping and preaching/witnessing are two different operations. We preach and witness to anyone, but only fellowship with true Christians.
d) You can’t be in a church that has female pastors:
- “Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law.” 1 Corinthians 14:34
“But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.” 1 Timothy 2:12
e) Avoid churches that allow anything contrary to sound doctrine:
- “...and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;
According to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust” 1 Timothy 1:10-11
f) As noted earlier, the church must use only the KJV. The church must also use the entire KJV:
- “And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.” Luke 4:4 And:
“For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.” Revelation 22:18-19
The church (or anyone) can’t add to or take away from the KJV.