Fighting Astral Projectors
Our individual human spirit, the spirit that is uniquely us, resides in our physical body. We know that when we die, our spirit will leave our physical body:
- “For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven: If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked. For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life. Now he that hath wrought us for the selfsame thing is God, who also hath given unto us the earnest of the Spirit. Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord: (For we walk by faith, not by sight:) We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord. Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him. For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.” 2 Corinthians 5:1-10
However, it is possible for a person to leave his physical body before his time of death and then return to his physical body. While out of the physical body the person is in the spiritual body or in the spirit.
An example is provided from the Bible in regards Paul as he describes his experience:
- “It is not expedient for me doubtless to glory. I will come to visions and revelations of the Lord.
I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven.” 2 Corinthians 12:1-2
Also, John talking about his out of body experiences:
- “I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.
I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,” Revelation 1:9-10
- “After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter. And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne.” Revelation 4:1-2
- “And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife. And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,” Revelation 21:9-10
Note that in this case a Holy Angel (carrying out God’s commandment) carried John.
So, we see that “out of body and in the spirit” phenomena can occur by the dictates of God, for His purposes.
The devil and his people also try this for their evil purposes (of course, a Christian must not engage in this Satanic behavior).
Evidence from the Bible of wicked people doing this:
- “Likewise, thou son of man, set thy face against the daughters of thy people, which prophesy out of their own heart; and prophesy thou against them, And say, Thus saith the Lord God; Woe to the women that sew pillows to all armholes, and make kerchiefs upon the head of every stature to hunt souls! Will ye hunt the souls of my people, and will ye save the souls alive that come unto you? And will ye pollute me among my people for handfuls of barley and for pieces of bread, to slay the souls that should not die, and to save the souls alive that should not live, by your lying to my people that hear your lies? Wherefore thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I am against your pillows, wherewith ye there hunt the souls to make them fly, and I will tear them from your arms, and will let the souls go, even the souls that ye hunt to make them fly. Your kerchiefs also will I tear, and deliver my people out of your hand, and they shall be no more in your hand to be hunted; and ye shall know that I am the Lord. Because with lies ye have made the heart of the righteous sad, whom I have not made sad; and strengthened the hands of the wicked, that he should not return from his wicked way, by promising him life: Therefore ye shall see no more vanity, nor divine divinations: for I will deliver my people out of your hand: and ye shall know that I am the Lord.” Ezekiel 13:17-23
Some notable points:
- they “prophesy out of their own heart”, not the prophesy of God.
- they lie to the people: “by your lying to my people that hear your lies” and “Because with lies ye have made…”
- they are doing evil and so God directs Ezekiel to “prophesy thou against them”.
One way to look at what they are doing, is that they are having devils cause people to have out-of-body experiences. The devils carry the people away in the spirit to “make them fly”, to “hunt souls” for the purposes of Satan:
- “Wherefore thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I am against your pillows, wherewith ye there hunt the souls to make them fly, and I will tear them from your arms, and will let the souls go, even the souls that ye hunt to make them fly. Your kerchiefs also will I tear, and deliver my people out of your hand, and they shall be no more in your hand to be hunted; and ye shall know that I am the Lord.” Ezekiel 13:20-21
To explain, consider when Jeremiah was thrown in the dungeon:
- “Then took they Jeremiah, and cast him into the dungeon of Malchiah the son of Hammelech, that was in the court of the prison: and they let down Jeremiah with cords. And in the dungeon there was no water, but mire: so Jeremiah sunk in the mire.” Jeremiah 38:6
So, how did they get Jeremiah out?:
- “So Ebedmelech took the men with him, and went into the house of the king under the treasury, and took thence old cast clouts and old rotten rags, and let them down by cords into the dungeon to Jeremiah. And Ebedmelech the Ethiopian said unto Jeremiah, Put now these old cast clouts and rotten rags under thine armholes under the cords. And Jeremiah did so. So they drew up Jeremiah with cords, and took him up out of the dungeon:…” Jeremiah 38:11-13
In Ezekiel there were pillows under the armholes and in Jeremiah there were old cast clouts and old rotten rags under the armholes. In Jeremiah there were cords used to lift him physically up, but in Ezekiel, the devils carried the people to lift them; to make them fly (in the spirit). Consider:
- “And God wrought special miracles by the hands of Paul: So that from his body were brought unto the sick handkerchiefs or aprons, and the diseases departed from them, and the evil spirits went out of them.” Acts 19:11-12
Paul was a disciple of Jesus, and had the Holy Spirit. Perhaps in this case, God took some of the Holy Spirit from Paul and put it in the handkerchiefs. These were then taken to the sick, and the Holy Spirit in the handkerchiefs did Gods bidding (diseases departed from them, and the evil spirits went out of them).
In Ezekiel, “the daughters of thy people” were disciples of Satan, and had evil spirits in them. So, perhaps evil spirits from the the daughters of thy people were in the kerchiefs. These kerchiefs were then put "upon the head of every stature to hunt souls”. The devils in the kerchiefs then caused the souls to fly (out of body) to do Satan's bidding. Today, this is commonly called astral projecting.
When this is directed against a Christian, the Christian must defend himself. In this case the Christian has a devil worshipper (witch or wizard) along with a devil in his presence attacking him. What to do? Try this:
- “In Jesus name I rebuke, and bind you astral projectors and your devils, and I break your curses, and I cast you out, and bind you all in hell.”
Do this six times.
- “Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.” Exodus 22:18
- “A man also or woman that hath a familiar spirit, or that is a wizard, shall surely be put to death:…” Leviticus 20:27